Saturday 5 October 2019

Reflections - Class Time

Each year I try to make at least one lesson a week per class a little special in some way. Sometimes the timeline is so intense that it's not possible, but these were a few of my favourites this year:

I murdered Perry the Pear for the third time. Sorry bud. Your splatter looked GREAT this time around though.

Who Killed Perry? activity by my (quite amazing) friend Rachel Allwood, 2016

I tried something new with Y12 to teach them about genotypes, phenotypes, inheritance and meiosis. We made these little marshmallow critters, called Reebops (totally nicked THIS idea off the internet!) It was great fun.



Y12 did a practical with eggs to learn how proteins denature. 
I told Sarah to hold still for this pic, because "it looks like an add for Science and Tamaki!" 


I had a wonnnderful student teacher who had a great way about her with the kids. She only revealed her secret singing talent to us on the last day when she hit us with a rendition of Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together," remixed as "We are learning CRISPR" - maybe someone could make a film festival movie out of it next year.


I had lots of help to run Period Zero on a Monday morning at 7.30, to help prepare HSA students for a successful career in the Health Science world. Thanks to the teachers who gave their time!


No comments:

Post a Comment